They propose you some activity and opportunity for better appreciate one of the best Tuscany restaurants, were you can taste and eat sorrounded by an ancient atmosphere mixed with a top-level class standard for a restaurant .
Visits to the Historical Wine cellars
Oil and Wine tasting courses
Wine and food Education
1) Visits to the Passignano Abbey historical wine cellar take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 3.30 p.m.. Small groups are accepted. Duration is of approximately one hour and includes a four Antinori different wine tasting. The visit is either in Italian or in English language, as well as the tasting.
2) Afternoon course of cookery : the lessons in English language begin at 3.30 p.m. and consist in the preparation, together with our chefs, of a Tuscany typical menu. The lesson's end is scheduled for the 5.30/6.00 p.m., when everybody will return to his lodging and will then come back, at about 8.00 p.m., for tasting the dishes prepared by them themselves. Every dish will be matched to a wine. This practice takes place on Wednesdays.
3) Extraordinary Opening (15th March - 31st October) of the wine cellar all Sundays from 10.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.: you will be able to taste cheeses produced here, together with "salumi" combined with oils and wines.
4) Courses of extra virgin olive oil tasting. This practice takes place every week on Fridays, from 3.30 to 5.30 p.m. and includes: a general course on the olive oil with special emphasis on varieties of Italian qualities, one tasting of three Italians qualities, and three Tuscany ones. The course will supervised by our chefs for a minimum number of six persons.
5) All the afternoons from 3 to 7 p.m. you can taste three wines among the eight selected for you. Every afternoon from 6 to 7.30 p.m. there is a "happy wine", waiting supper time with our apertives and "stuzzichini".
Wine and food Education, on Fridays at lunch time: our chefs and wine stewards will take you through food and wine savours and scents. The idea is born to choose a wine according to a dish. The duration is of approximately three hours from the 12.30 to 3.30 p.m. and is comprehensive of a lunch, a wine and a visit to the Wine cellars. You can ask for a package that includes, apart from the above purpose, a lunch and/or supper at the Tavern at a special price.
As far as the restaurant is concerned, the prices oscillate around € 50 for a complete meal, but you can even find tasting menus for 6 persons at € 45 (drinks excluded ) or small tasting menus for 3 persons at € 30 (drinks excluded ).
All the above initiatives and updated prices are available on our website: www.osteriadipassignano.com. Don't hesitate to contact us to have a personalized menu and quotation according to your preferences. This event will take place on Thursdays.
We would like to inform you that since March 14th until the October 31st the Bottega di Badia and the next Torchio room will remain open every Sunday from 10.30 a.m. until 6.30 p.m. for selling products, wine tastings, cellar visits, small restaurant service (cold meats from "Bruciato", cheeses, bruschetta, biscuits etc), and olive oil tastings.